As I recently celebrated my 34th birthday, I did some self reflection on what I’ve gotten out of life up to this point.
34 Things I’ve Learned by Age 34
1) Life isn’t fair sometimes. Deal with it.
2) You must form, build, and maintain relationships.
3) Do not underestimate the power of momentum, in either direction.
4) It’s a lot easier to go through life with an optimistic attitude.
5) There are no mistakes, only learning experiences.
6) Never take anything or anyone for granted.
7) Hard work ALWAYS pays off.
8) Sometimes time can’t heal all wounds.
9) Looking healthy and actually being healthy can be two completely different things.
10) Things always have a way of working themselves out.
11) Worry about running your own race and just stay focused.
12) When searching for the answer look within yourself, not outside yourself.
13) Becoming an overnight success usually takes years.
14) Most people make an excuse rather than make the effort.
15) It’s easy to criticize from the sidelines.
16) Sometimes you have to realize that people simply don’t know any better.
17) Work begets work.
18) There are plenty of people out there who would chop off a limb in exchange for the problems you have.
19) You can’t expect good things to happen to you if you aren’t expecting good things to happen to you.
20) There are plenty of ways to achieve success, but the common theme is consistency.
21) Each morning is a fresh start filled with new opportunities.
22) It’s always good to have options, give yourself plenty of them.
23) Living well is the best revenge.
24) Sometimes you just have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down.
25) Failing to plan is planning to fail.
26) Those who have faith already have enough.
27) Heart can’t be measured, nor can it be denied.
28) Seek out the most successful people in your chosen industry and get them to help mentor you.
29) You never stop learning, nor should you want to.
30) Know who to surround yourself with, and know who to stay away from.
31) Positivity is infectious, and so is negativity.
32) Don’t expect your body to take care of itself.
33) Major growth happens when you get comfortable with being uncomfortable.
34) No regrets. At the time you thought it was the right thing to do.