On my 40th birthday, I look back on my life with 40 meaningful song lyrics.
As someone who has always loved quotes, I felt it was fitting to list 40 of my favorite song lyrics which have either defined me, motivated me, and/or validated me.
1) Whatever tomorrow brings I’ll be there, with open arms and open eyes.
2) I don’t know where I’m going, but I’m sure know where I’ve been.
3) Don’t stop believing.
4) I believe I can soar. I see my running through that open door.
5) Dream on. Dream on. Dream on. Dream until your dream come true.
6) You got to lose to know how to win.
7) Its like 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife.
8) Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da life goes on.
9) It’s my life. And it’s now or never. I ain’t gonna live forever. I just wanna live when I’m alive.
10) The scars remind us that the past is real.
11) Jesus, take the wheel.
12) It’s not over. Cause a part of me is standing in the ground.
13) So I want to say thank you cause, makes me that much stronger, makes me work a little bit harder, makes me that much wiser, thanks for making me a fighter.
14) The more you hold us down the more we press on.
15) I only have one match, but I can make an explosion.
16) I’m a survivor, I’m not gonna give up, I’m not gonna stop, I’m gonna work harder.
17) Go get your gameface on cause its time to play.
18) Sometimes you just feel tired. You feel weak. And when you feel weak, you feel like you just wanna give up. But you gotta search it in you. You gotta find that inner strength and just pull that shit out of you. And get that motivation to not give up. To not be a quitter. No matter how bad it gets.
19) This is 10 percent luck, 20 percent skill, 15 percent concentrated power of will, 5 percent pleasure, 50 percent pain, and 100 percent reason to remember the name.
20) Yes there were times I’m sure you knew, when I bit off more than I could chew. But through it all when there was doubt I ate it up, and spit and it out. I faced it all. And I stood tall. And did it my way.
21) May your past be the sound, of your feet upon the ground. Carry on.
22) Time. Why you punish me.
23) I’m just the same that I was, now don’t you understand, I’m never changing who I am.
24) All I do is win.
25) Cause tomorrow’s another day, and I’m thirsty anyway, so bring on the rain.
26) You raise me up so I can stand on mountains. You raise me up to walk on stormy seas. I am strong when I am on your shoulders. You raise me up to more than I can be.
27) Only God knows why.
28) Things aren’t the way they were before, you wouldn’t even recognize me anymore. Not that you knew me back then but it all comes back to me in the end.
29) There can be miracles when you believe.
30) You can’t always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you might find you get what you need.
31) Life is a highway. I wanna ride it all night long.
32) Live like you were dying.
33) Ain’t nobody gonna break my stride, ain’t nobody gonna slow me down, oh no, I got to keep on moving.
34) I get knocked down, but I get up again, you ain’t never gonna keep me down.
35) Try to believe while the going gets rough that you gotta hang tough to make it. History repeats itself, try and you’ll succeed. Never doubt that you’re the one and you can have your dreams.
36) And I can make it, I know I can. You broke the boy in me, but you won’t break the man.
37) Whatever it takes, ’cause I love the adrenaline in my veins, I do whatever it takes, ’cause I love how it feels when I break the chains, Whatever it takes.
38) Did my time, took my chances. Went the distance, now I’m back on my feet just a man and his will to survive.
39) We’ve seen our share of ups and downs, oh how quickly life can turn around, in an instant.
40) My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to. Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small, you never need to carry more than you can hold. And while you’re out there getting where you’re getting to, I hope you know somebody loves you, and wants the same things too. Yeah, this, is my wish.